Tumblr is still a known platform wherein users are sharing bunches of content that they’d like to share with others – blogs, images, GIFs, and even videos. In fact, you can even share music and other types of audio files on Tumblr as well! If you just recently found out about this information, you will definitely be happy to learn how you can add a music player to Tumblr!
If you happen to love bunches of songs from Spotify, you are probably wondering if you can have them incorporated into your Tumblr content. Well, you’ll be glad to know that it’s actually achievable and, of course, possible! This post will actually mainly deal with the topic of how to add a music player to your Tumblr blog.
As you move to the first part, you will be learning right away how you will finally be able to add and personalize your favorite Spotify songs, albums, and playlists to Tumblr!
Article Content Part 1. Customize and Add Music Player to Blog via Tumblr Music PlayerPart 2. Add Spotify Music Player to Blog via Tumblr Audio SearchPart 3. Best Way to Add Spotify Tracks to TumblrPart 4. FAQs About Adding Music to TumblrPart 5. Summary
Part 1. Customize and Add Music Player to Blog via Tumblr Music Player
Actually, finding out how to add a music player to Tumblr isn’t as hard as one might think. SCM Music Player makes it rather easy, actually. SCM Music Player seamless music for your websites can be used in Tumblr or WordPress blogs as the best widget. It is a free and open-source web player. You can match your look and feel, and choose or design your own skin. SCM Music Player is also compatible with Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, and IE.
- You can first download the SCM Music Player from Github or its official website.
- Choose a skin of music player for Tumblr. Scroll down the slider to the Setup Wizard part to choose your favorite skin for the music player. If you can’t find the skin you prefer on the list, you are able to click “4000+ Custom Skins” to get more choices.
- And then click the Next option to jump to the Edit Playlist setting.
- You need to insert the music title and the song’s URL. SCM Music Player accepts MP3 links, SoundCloud tracks or YouTube addresses. Of course, you are also able to choose RSS Podcast/SoundCloud Sets. And then click the Next option.
- Make the configure setting for playback and appearance on your Tumblr blog, then click Done.
- Copy the code that SMC Music provides you.
- Log into your Tumblr. Go to your blog, at hit customize. Once in the customize menu, hit Edit HTML.
- Paste the code for your SMC Music player under the tag.
- Click the Update preview and Save option to save all the settings.
- Refresh the page of your Tumblr blog, the Tumblr music player will show on the page and play automatically!
Part 2. Add Spotify Music Player to Blog via Tumblr Audio Search
Actually, there has been a collaboration made between Spotify and Tumblr already as well as SoundCloud and Tumblr. Thus, it is really easy to add a music player to blog. In fact, just by searching an audio title via the “Search” menu that you’ll see on audio posts, you’ll be able to add a music player to Tumblr. You may also refer to these steps.
- On the dashboard, tap the “headset” icon.
- Just input the name or title of the track you’d like to be added to Tumblr and automatically, the platform will search it and will show results by using both Spotify and SoundCloud libraries.
- Just simply choose which one you would want to publish. Tumblr shall have it automatically embedded regardless if it’s from Spotify or SoundCloud.
- If you wish to add some tags or even descriptions before posting it, you can do that as well.
- To finish off, hit the “Post” button.
Part 3. Best Way to Add Spotify Tracks to Tumblr
Though we have already presented two effective ways of how you can add a music player to Tumblr, you are probably wondering if using Spotify songs without utilizing the HTML code will be possible. Some users may somehow find using the HTML code quite a difficult process to undertake so we have created this section to help out those users.
If you are not that technology-inclined, the best way for you to add a music player to your blog is to get your Spotify favorites transformed into MP3 files first. But will you be able to do that?
Fortunately, there are various great and trusted apps like the TunesFun Spotify Music Converter that can help you transform your Spotify favorites to your desired output formats such as MP3. Apart from MP3, it also supports other formats like FLAC, WAV, and AAC.
In addition to this great ability, it is also a powerful tool that helps get rid of the DRM protection the Spotify songs have. Thus, you won’t need to worry in case you are also looking at saving the songs forever on any device or gadget that you own or you wish to use. Even if you do not upgrade to Spotify Premium, you still can be able to listen to Spotify songs offline.
Though the Spotify songs are to be processed at quite a fast speed, you don’t need to think about losing the original quality and ID tags of the tracks as all those shall be preserved. Even updates are being done consistently on the app to ensure that users are experiencing the best service as much as possible. In case needed, technical support is always available as well.
Of course, the TunesFun Spotify Music Converter was developed while keeping in mind that everyone should be able to handle the app with ease. With this being said, you can check out the below how easy it is to use the TunesFun Spotify Music Converter.
Step #1. There are quite a few installation needs that you have to complete prior to having this app installed on your PC.
Try It Free Try It Free
Step #2. Once all those are met, install this app either on your Windows or Mac computer and just launch it. The main page is where you’ll be able to upload the Spotify songs to be processed. Alternatively, using the songs’ URLs shall also work. If you are looking at processing several songs in one go, that is possible as batch conversion is supported by the app.
Step #3. Select MP3 from the list of supported output formats. Make sure as well that the output folder location shall be specified accordingly.
Step #4. The uploaded Spotify songs will be converted the moment the “Convert” menu that’s at the bottom of the page has been ticked off. The DRM removal process shall also happen simultaneously.
In a few minutes, the transformed and DRM-free Spotify songs shall be readily available on your PC. What is left for you to do now is to upload the songs to a blog post of yours on Tumblr.
You can just simply log into your Tumblr account and from the dashboard, hit the “Audio” icon. Just select the MP3 version of the Spotify song that’s already saved on your PC and hit the “Upload” button. As simple as doing that, you’ll be able to add a music player to Tumblr! This is somehow much easier especially if you aren’t sure about using HTML codes!
Part 4. FAQs About Adding Music to Tumblr
Though we have already fully presented the information we knew will be helpful to you when it comes to the process of how to add a music player to Tumblr, we’d like to also share the answers to some FAQs relating to this topic.
- Is it possible to automatically play Spotify songs on Tumblr after uploading them?
If you decided to use the embedding method, unfortunately, automatic playing won’t be possible. However, if you are to upload the MP3 version of the songs, you can set Autoplay using widgets!
- Is logging into Tumblr required to stream the uploaded Spotify songs?
If you are fine with listening to the preview, then you don’t have to log in. You can listen to up to 30 seconds of the track.
Part 5. Summary
You now have learned how easy it is to add a music player to Tumblr! So, if you are a Spotify lover who’s into using Tumblr as well, this tutorial will surely be helpful to you. A great tip was even given when it comes to downloading and saving Spotify songs to formats like MP3! If you are looking at keeping your Spotify favorites forever accessible on any device that you are using, don’t forget that you can always use the TunesFun Spotify Music Converter!
Try It Free Try It Free
How do I add a music player to my Tumblr blog? ›
- Get Logged in and access this page - Account Settings.
- Now Scroll down and Click on your blog name under the Apps menu.
- Now Click on Customize button from middle of the screen.
- Next click on Edit HTML button from the upper area.
- Now paste above code with your song URL under <body> tag.
Step1: In order to successfully add music player to Tumblr, you need to visit https://scmplayer.co/ first. Step2: Choose a skin of music player for Tumblr. Scroll down the slider to “Setup Wizard” part to choose your favorite skin of music player.How do you find music on Tumblr? ›
Searching for the Song
Tumblr has partnered with Spotify and SoundCloud to make some of their music libraries free for your blogging use. Simply enter the song and/or artist name into the search bar and select the file that you want.
Just log into desktop web, head on over here to our Themes page, hit “Install,” and check out your new Tumblr Album.Why can't I upload audio to Tumblr? ›
The file must be under 10MB in size and you can only upload one audio file per day with this option. Choose “Post audio with a URL” if the audio file you want to share is already on the web. The file cannot be a video or be embedded in another website.How do I add a Spotify playlist to Tumblr? ›
Click on the "..." icon and choose "Share" from the pop-up list. Here you will see where you can share your Spotify playlist to Facebook, Messenger, Twitter, Telegram, Skype, Tumblr, "Copy Playlist Link", "Copy Embed Code" and "Copy Spotify URI". Choose "Copy Embed Code" and the Spotify playlist embed code is selected.Can you post copyrighted music on Tumblr? ›
Tumblr responds to notices of alleged copyright infringement as per our Terms of Service and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please note that we require a valid and complete DMCA notice from the copyright holder or authorized representative before removing content.How do I get MP3 from Tumblr? ›
Place your cursor over "media" or "size" and right-click on it, choose "Open in a new tab." Step 7. A new tab with a download icon will appear. Right-click on the play button (Option 1 in the screenshot below) or click on the three-dot icon, and then select the download option to save the audio from Tumblr to your PC.How do I add music to my digital media player? ›
- Open Windows Media Player.
- Click Organize from the menu, and then select Manage Libraries.
- Select Add.
- Browse to the file or location where you saved your download. For example, your default "Downloads" folder, "Your Music," your "Desktop."
- Click Include Folder and confirm.
Whatever stage of development your music career has reached, Tumblr can be a great way to share and promote your album online. In this article, we'll explore some easy tips to help bands and solo artists get the most out of Tumblr. Best of all – it's completely free to use.
What is Tumblr music? ›
What is a Tumblr album you may ask? Well, a Tumblr album is one that either gained popularity through the website Tumblr, or was constantly featured in aesthetic photographs of Crosley record players and Urban Outfitters shelves.How do I turn on song search? ›
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Sound & vibration. Now playing.
- Turn on Show search button on lock screen.
- If your phone can't identify a song, you can search for it. To search for a song, on your lock screen, tap music search .
There are over 171 billion posts on Tumblr today. People can post on Tumblr in 18 different languages. Even though they have been around for a while, 61% of new Tumblr users are Gen Z, and 48% of their active users are Gen Z. Tumblr is the third most popular blogging platform in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.Does Tumblr own your content? ›
With Tumblr, the truth is you do not own your own content. The company who owns Tumblr (in this case Automattic), owns your content and your blog. This means they can do whatever they want with it, including suspending your account. Whether this will change in the future, remains an open question.
Location Information: In some cases we collect and store information about where you are located, such as by converting your IP Address into a rough geolocation. We may also ask you to provide information about your location, for example to use your geolocation information from your mobile device to geotag a post.Why is my audio file not working? ›
Audio Device Not Correctly Selected
One of the most common reasons why audio files are unable to play is because you might've selected the wrong audio device which is not connected to your computer. It basically happens when multiple audio devices are connected or maybe within reach of your computer.
If you're not seeing the music sticker in Reels, make sure your app is updated to the latest version by visiting the App Store or Google Play Store. Keep in mind that the music sticker isn't available to everyone.What does it mean to embed music? ›
Using an Embed, you can add a podcast, an album, or other audio content to your website that your users can listen to. It's a great way to promote your music, share your new podcast episodes with fans, or highlight your favorite album or playlist.Can you make playlists on Tumblr? ›
2. Click "Tumblr," and then click the menus under the Customize It heading to make your playlist. For example, click the "Background Color" and "Text Color" boxes to select the desired shades for these features, or click the "Enable Playlist Drawer" button, so that listeners can see what you have in your playlist.How do I embed Spotify? ›
- Go to the artist profile, album, song, playlist, or podcast you want to share and click the 3 dots next to it. Tip: You can also right-click it.
- Select Share.
- Select Embed.
Is it illegal to post a video with music? ›
Put simply; you can legally use music in videos if you have permission from the person, people, or company who owns the rights. Since the publisher and the record label usually hold music rights, you'll have to get permission from both.How can I use copyrighted music on social media legally? ›
- Use royalty-free and stock music libraries. Royalty-free music is music you can use where you don't have to pay ongoing royalty fees. ...
- Get a license directly from the copyright holder. ...
- License the biggest trending tracks with Lickd. ...
- Use Facebook's own library of sounds.
To use, copy, or change a copyrighted work, you need permission from the person who holds the copyright. This permission is called a license.How do I convert music files to MP3? ›
- Select a file format. Click on the first box and select your audio's file format then click on the box next to it and select MP3.
- Upload and convert. Click on 'Choose File' and select your audio file from your folders. ...
- Download file.
It's a compressed digital audio file. A player stores these files on a memory chip so that you can play it back at your leisure. Contains a miniature hard disk drive, which can store huge quantities of data. MP3s usually contain music, but the format is also used for general audio files such as audiobooks and podcasts.Can I download music from Spotify? ›
Downloading Albums and Playlists on Spotify
The interface is largely the same on Android and iOS. Find the album or playlist you want to download and tap the downward-facing arrow on the top left. A downward-facing arrow will appear underneath each song in the album; they'll turn green as the download completes.
In addition to allowing ads to be served to the visitors of your Tumblr blog, you can also make money on Tumblr by adding affiliate links. For example, you can join the Amazon Associate program and include Amazon links on your Tumblr.Why does Taylor Swift use Tumblr? ›
Once Swift figured out how to use Tumblr (thanks in part to all the help she got from her fans), she didn't just start sharing her own content or talking about herself. She used it to connect with fans and become a part of the Tumblr community. When her fans mention her in posts, she reblogs them and responds.What is the risk of Tumblr? ›
Scams and Security Issues. Like other social media sites, Tumblr suffers from fraud and security issues. A popular Tumblr scam is that identity theft invites users to enter their credentials on a fake login screen. Then, when the user fills in the form, the thief steals their information.Why is it called Tumblr? ›
Karp had been interested in tumblelogs (short-form blogs, hence the name Tumblr) for some time and was waiting for one of the established blogging platforms to introduce their own tumblelogging platform.
What does Tumblr cost? ›
What Does Tumblr Cost? Generally speaking, Tumblr is free. You can create your own blogs, read other people's posts, and generally use all of the key features of the platform without paying. For the most part, Tumblr is supported by ads, but there are a few paid features.Who is the Tumblr girl? ›
What does Tumblr girl mean? A Tumblr girl is a specific kind of young woman that actively uses the social media website Tumblr. Typically, Tumblr girls are considered attractive, are interested in fashion, post many photographs of themselves, and have a distinctive aesthetic sensibility associated with hipsterism.How does song search work? ›
The Shazam algorithm distills samples of a song into fingerprints, and matches these fingerprints against fingerprints from known songs, taking into account their timing relative to each other within a song.What is song search app? ›
Shazam will identify any song in seconds. Discover artists, lyrics, videos & playlists, all for free. Over 1 billion installs and counting!How do you hum a song and find it? ›
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google app .
- In the search bar, tap the mic .
- Ask "What's this song?" or tap Search a song.
- Play a song or hum, whistle, or sing the melody of a song. Play a song: Google will identify the song. Hum, whistle, or sing: Google will identify potential matches for the song.
- Reddit: Reddit rarely needs an introduction as it's one of the most popular social media platforms. ...
- Medium: Medium is an online publishing platform founded by Evan Williams, the co-founder of Twitter and Blogspot. ...
- 4Chan: ...
- Twitter: ...
- Newgrounds: ...
- Pinterest: ...
- Pillowfort: ...
Tumblr has faced a years-long struggle with approval on the iOS App Store. In 2018, Tumblr's iOS app was taken down from the App Store after child sexual abuse material (CSAM) made its way through the app's filtering technology.Who actually uses Tumblr? ›
Of the 135 million monthly users visiting the microblog site, 48% are Gen Z. That number might be even larger now, since Tumblr had a 96% adoption surge between October 27, 2022 and November 17, 2022.Is Tumblr a safe sight? ›
Is Tumblr Safe from Malware? Yes, Tumblr is safe to use when it comes to malware. However, like all social media platforms, it is a hot spot for spam and kid's security issues.Can Tumblr see your private posts? ›
The post will not be published to your blog, and you're the only one who can see it. If you share the URL of a private post, other users will be able to access and view the post. Private posts on secondary / group blogs can be seen by other Admins or Members.
Does Tumblr delete inactive accounts? ›
Does Tumblr delete inactive blogs? If you haven't logged into your account for more than a year, the service will send you a reminder that your username is going to expire. After a certain period, your username will be released for other people to use. However, this doesn't mean that your account will be deleted.Does Tumblr tell if you screenshot? ›
Short answer: no. To do so you'd have to add a tracking code to your blog's mobile URL, which is different than your desktop URL. How can I tell how many followers someone else's Tumblr blog has?Does Tumblr show who follows you? ›
Who's following me? You can also see a list of the current followers of your blog. To see that list on the web, click on the account menu (the little human), then scroll down and select “Followers.” In the app, tap on the account icon (the little human), then tap on the gear icon to view your settings.Can I play music on my blog? ›
You need permission to play most music, as commercial and popular music is all copyrighted. To play music legally, you will need permission from the copyright holder or holders.How do I legally play music on my podcast? ›
The only legal way to use copyrighted music in your podcast is to purchase a music license.How do you use copyrighted music in a vlog? ›
Put simply; you can legally use music in videos if you have permission from the person, people, or company who owns the rights. Since the publisher and the record label usually hold music rights, you'll have to get permission from both. From the publisher or composer, you'll get a synchronization (or sync license).How do you submit audio on Tumblr? ›
- Click the “Audio” post button at the top of your Dashboard.
- Click “Choose File.” Locate and select the audio file you want to upload from your computer and click “Open.” Tumblr allows audio posts up to 10 megabytes.
- Tap at the top, then scroll to Post at the bottom.
- Take a photo or choose one from your phone's library.
- Tap , then tap again in the top right.
- Tap Add music. ...
- Use the sliding bar at the bottom to choose which part of the song you want to play with your photo.
Podcast, a type of digital media consisting of an episodic series of files (either audio or video) subscribed to and downloaded through web syndication. MP3 blog or musicblog, through which music files are made available for download.What do most people use Tumblr for? ›
It is host to more than 529 million blogs, which includes a variety of content such as fan fiction and art, memes, advice and more. In general, Tumblr is used to bring people of similar interests together.
What does embed playlist mean? ›
Using an Embed, you can add a podcast, an album, or other audio content to your website that your users can listen to. It's a great way to promote your music, share your new podcast episodes with fans, or highlight your favorite album or playlist.Can you embed on Tumblr? ›
on the post in your dashboard, then select "Embed." A new tab will open where you can adjust the language setting, if needed. Once you have the desired language selected, copy the code and paste it wherever you'd like to embed the post.